Friday, January 9, 2009

Logan's ears yet again

No new pictures this week, but it would not be a week in our house without a visit to the doctor. Logan went back in for his follow up to the latest ear infection. One is clear while the other is not. The doctor thinks it might be that there were two bacterias this last time and one is drug resistant. He does not think it is a new infection and does not think that Logan needs tubes. He is taking Ceclor for 10 days. There was an option of a 3 day shot series, but it is supposed to be very painful and expensive. The antibiotic he is taking does not taste well so I am giving him chocolate pudding afterwards which he does not seem to like much. I wonder if he will ever like it now??!!

The other thing I asked the doctor about was Logan waking up at night. He was sleeping fine until his ear drum erupted and it has just gotten worse and worse. He was up 4 times the other night. The doctor told me to let him cry...do our bedtime stuff and put him in the crib awake and let him cry, even if it takes an hour. Bedtime is not so bad. It is the middle of the night wakens. Anyway, I tried it for bedtime tonight and he cried for 10 minutes. I went in because I could not stand it. Got him calmed down and went back out. Took about 30 more minutes and he finally went to sleep. Morgan, on the other hand, is still up almost 2 hours after I put her down! I know with Logan we dug the hole when he had colic and we did what we had to then. I also know that he has to learn to get him to sleep and it is for his own good...just hard on the mommy!

No comments: