Monday, October 27, 2008

Let them eat cake


It has been cake time here at the house the past 2 weeks. First was a pumpkin cake for the MOMS Club party. I have done these cakes before, but this was the first time I did a pumpkin patch scene. I really liked how my ghosts and little pumpkins came out. Not so happy about the big pumpkin. That is what I get for working on it late the night before. Big pumpkin is vanilla cake with regular canned icing (yeah, I know how to make my own, but was lazy). Little pumpkins and ghosts are fondant. Not so yummy, but really cute.







Next cake was this past weekend for Logan's baby dedication. I was going to order one from Publix, but in an effort to save money and use the skills I have learned I decided to make it. I was inspired by a cake I saw on cakecentral.com. The cake is vanilla with strawberry filling and buttercream icing (yes, I made my own this time). The cross is made of fondant circles. Looks pretty good. I seem to have a problem with crumbs in my icing and will some day figure out what I am not getting right in regards to this.


No more cakes on the horizon until Morgan's birthday in December. I will work on a princess cake for the little princess. I am going to try and get on here tomorrow to update on the kids. :)

No comments: