Friday, May 30, 2008

Bad mommy moments and a haircut for Morgan

First the bad mommy moments. On Wednesday evening, I could hear Morgan playing in Logan's room while I was working on getting him settled in the family room. I heard her with a few toys, then a few more and finally a thud and her crying. I went in to the room and felt my heart drop...she was on the floor under the bookcase! I freaked out. I managed to put Logan down and then got Morgan out from under it. She was not hurt other than a lump on the back of her head. Luckily she was face down so it hit her on the back of her head and not on her face. The bookcases and dresser will be attached to the wall so we do not have a repeat performance.

The next morning at 5, I realized that Logan had not gotten up for a feeding when he usually does between 1 and 3 or so. I had looked at my clock at 3 and noticed it, but had not looked at the monitor. When I did look at the monitor at 5, the red light was going up and down. Apparently I had turned it on, but had not turned the volume up enough to hear it so the poor little guy had probably been up for awhile. He gulped down a bottle and stayed up for an hour...probably to say "what's up with that, mom". I definitely check the volume on the monitor now when I turn it on!

Okay, so now to Morgan's haircut. I got my hair trimmed today and mentioned to my hairdresser about how Morgan has not had a haircut yet, probably will not need one for awhile, etc. She said that if I trimmed it, then it would probably thicken up some. I had thought about trimming it for awhile, but could not bring myself to have it done until tonight. I gave Morgan her first haircut after her bath tonight. Not an easy task as she did not want to keep her head still or stay looking forward despite the princess bandaid I gave her to keep her occupied. I think I did a pretty good job. Nothing to drastic. Here are a few pictures of her after the fact. The last picture was taken a few hours before. She was running around the house in a beach hat and pool ring.



1 comment:

Pamela said...

get used to the bad mommy moments my friend.. all part of this whole being human thing.. that, and the fact the little buggers don't come with directions! they are tougher than we give them credit for.. :)